Admission Policies as per DTE
- Admission Policy as per DTE Norms
- Reservation Policy as per DTE Norms
- Documents Retention Policy as per DTE Norms
Introduction of DTEThe Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) is the monitoring and controlling body for the admissions to Diploma and Degree courses in Karnataka. As regards to the admissions to the degree program a separate Cell has been set up by the Govt. of Karnataka. All the latest information about admissions to Engineering degree programs are available in the website of Karnataka Examination Authority.
Admissions to Diploma ProgramThe common admission to 1st year Diploma for Government / Aided Polytechnics and for Private Polytechnics (surrendered seats only) will be conducted by Department Of Technical Education. The admission process starts with the issue of the notification for admission by the Directorate in leading newspapers of the State. The advertisement generally appears in and around the dates of announcement of Secondary School Leaving Certificate results conducted by the State Govt. It may be some time in the last week of April or First week of May or around that period. The announcement is also made on the website https://dtek.karnataka.gov.in the polytechnic websites will also carry the details of admission notification in their respective sites.
Admission ProcedureThe prescribed Application Form along with the Information Brochure will be available in https://dtek.karnataka.gov.in website. Candidates shall download the Application Form and Brochure from the website. All the Details of admission to Diploma courses are available in the Admission Brochure. Admission to diploma courses is based on merit in each category of reservation. Out of the total seats 50% of the seats are reserved for various groups of the society. Remaining 50% of the seats are allotted based on the marks scored in the SSLC for technical Courses. Admission process followed is "Online non-Interactive counseling ".
Eligibility1) The candidate must be a citizen of India.
2) For Technical (Engineering) Courses: should have passed Karnataka S.S.L.C or equivalent examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate.
3) For both Engineering & Non-Engineering, the candidate should have completed at least five full academic years of study in Karnataka between 1st Standard and qualifying examination.
4) Candidates who have passed the 10th Standard Exam conducted by CBSE/ICSE and other states 10th Standard candidates shall produce Eligibility Certificates obtained from the Secretary, Board of Technical Examinations, Palace Road, Bangalore – 560 001 at the time of document verification & online application submission process.
Lateral entry Admission to 3rd semester DiplomaCandidates who have passed SSLC or Equivalent Examination with 35% of marks in aggregate and should have passed ITI (2 Years Course) /PUC II completed could apply for admission to 3rd semester (2nd year).
K.L.E. Society’s C.B.Kolli Polytechnic, Haveri, Fee structure for the Diploma Courses